Sherri Hahn, President and Permit Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
David Romisch, Treasurer email@example.com
Joe Fox, Upgrade Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Mason, Championships and Series Coordinator email@example.com
Steve Songer, Secretary and Equipment Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
David Wamsley, Race Calendar Coordinator email@example.com
Kyle Rainey, Junior Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Ruder, Media and Communications Coordinator email@example.com
Arthur Berger, Officials Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
KCA’s mission is to promote and support bicycling at
every level of the sport. The KCA enters into and implements certain legal
contracts such as the Local Association (LA) Agreement on behalf of USA
Cycling, Inc. (USAC). Beginning in 2003, the KCA has filled the role
of Local Association (LA) on behalf of USAC.
In 2003 the KCA replaced the USCF District Representative function.
As the LA, the KCA is responsible for the administration of USCF races
as stated in the LA agreement. These duties include:
- LA agrees it will work in good faith and with its best efforts to ensure that all road, track, mountain bike and cyclo-cross organizers/promoters sanction their events in the area through USA Cycling and its representative associations and by doing so agree to abide by respective association rules and regulations. In any case, no officer and/or board member of an LA or the LA itself, shall promote an event that is not sanctioned with USA Cycling.
- Local Race Scheduling. (Subject to coordination with national racing calendar and international calendar of events as reviewed by USA Cycling)
- LA agrees that, upon receipt, they will review and submit in a timely manner fully completed event permits to USA Cycling within USA Cycling guidelines.
- LA agrees that upon receipt, they will review and submit in a timely manner all post event documents to USA Cycling within USA Cycling’s guidelines.
- LA agrees to assist in the recovery of outstanding post events not recovered by USAC.
- Assign qualified official for all non championship events, (NRC, State Championships, etc…)
- Provide or schedule race equipment for event.
- Assist members with license upgrading up to and including Category 2 as per USCF rulebook.
- Assist members with license downgrading as per USCF rulebook.
- Provide membership with communication forum such as website, newsletter, etc.
- Support and facilitate USA Cycling certification programs including officials, coaches and mechanics. Qualified instructors will conduct these programs. Curriculum and training materials provided by USA Cycling.
- Support and communicate athlete development opportunities and programs with guidance and assistance of USA Cycling. (Editorial note: notice this says “athlete development” it does not specify race, age, gender or category
- Provide a direct link on the homepage of LA website to www.usacycling.org
- LA agrees to acknowledge USA Cycling as a sponsor on homepage of LA website.
- LA agrees to communicate directly with USCF Regional Coordinator on a timely basis, either answering questions or providing information that is requested.