- Jesse Blancarte Time Trial--Permitted
Sun, May 27, 2018
- Late Night Under the Lights--Permitted
Wed, May 30, 2018
- Erik's Wednesday Night Worlds P/B Chamois Butt'r--Permit in Process
Wed, Jun 6, 2018
- LifeBalance Sports 10K Time Trial Series - Permitted
Thu, Jun 7, 2018
- The Meltdown MTB Classic - Permitted
Sat, Jun 9, 2018
- Jesse Blancarte Time Trial--Permitted
In case I don’t have your email address and to inform all KCA members I sent the message below via email to all team leaders. Thanks, David Romisch
KCA Club Leaders:
Thank you for your work in making another great cycling season. Here are a couple of things as we head towards 2016 and a new racing season… Please share with your club members.
1. KCA Hall of Fame. Attached is the nomination form for clubs to submit candidates to induction into the Hall of Fame. Current members of the Hall of Fame are named on the KCA web site. Please submit your nominations by December 1, 2015 to Levon Weaver email@example.com. Inductees will be honored at the January 2016 Annual Banquet.
2. KCA Board of Directors. Current board members are: Amy Fear, David Romisch, Dean Parker, Joe Fox, John Cichelli, John Wentling, Levon Weaver, and Rob King. In 2016 Joe, Dean, and Levon will serve the second year of their two year terms. We will have open the Junior representative position next year. Amy, David, John C, and John W complete their two year terms in December. I believe most will be running for election for 2016 but don’t have that confirmed yet. The Bylaws provide for a board of five – nine members. So with that we have room for at least one more Board member if you have someone on your team who would be interested in participating. I am attaching a copy of our Bylaws if you wish to review.
- KCA Annual Banquet. Our annual celebration Banquet will be held Sunday evening, January 17, at Maceli’s in Lawrence. KBAR, KBAT, Keen Wealth Cup, KBCXR and KBCXT podium winners will be honored at the banquet. Reservation information will be posted soon on the KCA web site.
- 2016 Race Calendar. To start planing for next years race season please send your requested events and dates to Rob King at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send out a list of requested dates later this year to start this process.
Finally, thanks for everything you do to make this all happen!
Attached is the form to request consideration for a KCA member to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Current members are on the Hall of Fame History tab of this site.
If you would like to make a nomination please forward your request no later than December 1 to Levon Weaver at email@example.com
Thanks David Romisch
Many of our local races are holding USAC Youth (chronological age of 6-racing age of 8) races and Kids Races. These races are a great way to introduce your child to the race environment and have fun. Racers competing in USAC Youth races must hold an annual or one day USAC license. There may be a fee to enter a Youth Race. Annual Youth Licenses cost $35; one day licenses cost $15. These licenses allow race directors the opportunity the help young cyclists grow their passion for bike racing while racing against their peers. Youth license holders can only enter youth races, which must be on closed courses with circuits of no longer than five kilometers. Similar to younger juniors, youth racers are restricted to massed-start legal bikes with no aero equipment. Kids participating in Kids Races do not need to hold an annual or one day USAC license. Kids races are non competitive and are for children under the age of ten. No fee is charged to enter a Kids Race. Please ask the race day registrar or official if you have questions regarding which race your child should enter. Posted by Sherri Hahn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Officials Clinic this Saturday has been postponed and a new date has not been determined yet.
If you are interested in getting your officiating license please contact Amy Fear at email@example.com and she will work out a time that works best for everyone.
I want to thank everyone who has donated funds, and Roger for his tireless fund raising efforts.
To date $1,325 has been donated. We will start using the funds with Joules Cross having the following items being done.
- Women Masters payout will be increased from $100 to $265.
- Cat 4 Women will race free.
- Cat 4 Women who race Masters Women for the first time will be free.
After Joules Cross first time Cat 4 Women who race can get their first race fee rebated from KCA. If you fall in this situation please contact me and I will work out reimbursing you for that race. This program will continue until the funds are used up.
If you have any questions about this feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in getting your Level C Officials License we will be having a training session Saturday October 24 at Desktop & Data Solutions 1001 New Hampshire Lawrence.
Amy Fear will be teaching the class which will start at 9:00 and should be done before 4:00. Lunch will be provided.
During the class you will review the USAC rule book, go over practical skills, and take the exam for your license.
Please RSVP to Amy at email@example.com.