- Mission of the Kansas Cycling Association
- Kansas Member Clubs
- Kansas City Area Member Missouri Clubs
Doug Campbell – President/Treasurer email@example.com
Dean Parker – KBAR, Championships, and Series Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Edd Pineda – Equipment Coordinator email@example.com
Dan Messina – Media and Communications Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Loring – Race Calendar Coordinator email@example.com
John Cichelli – Computer and Software Management firstname.lastname@example.org
Donica Goodwin – Women’s Race Coordinator email@example.com
Amy Whittaker – Officials Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Fear – Board Member At-Large email@example.com
David Romisch – Board Member At-Large firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherri Hahn – Permit Coordinator email@example.com
KCA’s mission is to promote and support bicycling at every level of the sport. The KCA enters into and implements certain legal contracts such as the Local Association (LA) Agreement on behalf of USA Cycling, Inc. (USAC). Beginning in 2003, the KCA has filled the role of Local Association (LA) on behalf of USAC.
In 2003 the KCA replaced the USCF District Representative function. As the LA, the KCA is responsible for the administration of USCF races as stated in the LA agreement. These duties include:
- LA agrees it will work in good faith and with its best efforts to ensure that all road, track, mountain bike and cyclo-cross organizers/promoters sanction their events in the area through USA Cycling and its representative associations and by doing so agree to abide by respective association rules and regulations. In any case, no officer and/or board member of an LA or the LA itself, shall promote an event that is not sanctioned with USA Cycling.
- Local Race Scheduling. (Subject to coordination with national racing calendar and international calendar of events as reviewed by USA Cycling)
- LA agrees that, upon receipt, they will review and submit in a timely manner fully completed event permits to USA Cycling within USA Cycling guidelines.
- LA agrees that upon receipt, they will review and submit in a timely manner all post event documents to USA Cycling within USA Cycling’s guidelines.
- LA agrees to assist in the recovery of outstanding post events not recovered by USAC.
- Assign qualified official for all non championship events, (NRC, State Championships, etc…)
- Provide or schedule race equipment for event.
- Assist members with license upgrading up to and including Category 2 as per USCF rulebook.
- Assist members with license downgrading as per USCF rulebook.
- Provide membership with communication forum such as website, newsletter, etc.
- Support and facilitate USA Cycling certification programs including officials, coaches and mechanics. Qualified instructors will conduct these programs. Curriculum and training materials provided by USA Cycling.
- Support and communicate athlete development opportunities and programs with guidance and assistance of USA Cycling. (Editorial note: notice this says “athlete development” it does not specify race, age, gender or category
- Provide a direct link on the homepage of LA website to www.usacycling.org
- LA agrees to acknowledge USA Cycling as a sponsor on homepage of LA website.
- LA agrees to communicate directly with USCF Regional Coordinator on a timely basis, either answering questions or providing information that is requested
Financial Reports and Budget
Please direct questions to KCA President/Treasurer, Doug Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org.